Everyone must have heard the word Internet of Things by now, but do you know what it really means. IoT stands for the connection of devices ( other than your standard computers, smartphones, laptops and tablets ) to the Internet. Cars, business equipment, kitchen appliances , tracking devices that can all be connected through the Internet of Things. In the next few years to come more devices will be on that list. It is also defined as the interconnection thru the Internet of computing devices embedded in everyday objects enabling them to send and receive data. You can control such things like your smart TV, refrigerator and air condition thru your tablet, smartphones and computers. IoT is all about sensors.
1. Everything will be easy to find – No more need for barcodes when you are doing your inventory management. All of your devices, equipment and even products will all be united into the same network. You can now update numbers any time you want. You will have the capability to look into those benchmarks at any moment.
2. Make Your business operations better - As I said IoT is all about sensors. These really tiny inventions can be attached to anything , that means even your coffee cup and to your devices in the office. It will record and send data back into the cloud. You’ll have more feed back on how your products and equipment are being used.
3. Your company can make better products - We now have smartphones that can do so much than an ordinary cell phone. Expect much more from the Internet of Things. Everything has started to evolve with the entry of smart watches. Expect a lot of things to happen, you may have smart yoga mats or even a smart badminton racket. You might think it’s weird but it’s going to happen whether you like it or not. The thing is that businesses will have the opportunity to create better and smarter products that consumers can be connected to.
4. Services will be automated - If you are in the cargo business or even shipping business , you can now place Iot sensors on vehicles and even packages and it will magnify visibility of your supply chains. This will definitely improve your transport operations especially if you have cargo that is high priced. The sensors that have been placed can reveal changes in temperature, light, features and data . It certainly is useful for alleviating risks that are caused by delays and other factors.
5. Huge amount of data - Sensors that have been placed as components of IoT devices and it can create data that can be stocked and then analyzed as a portion of existing analytics. It will develop new kinds of findings. Any program including distribution, edible materials, shopping can send previously unavailable data information about temperature, movement, vibration, light and other perceivable conditions across network connections to data storehouses.